Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My thoughts on e readers



After first hearing about e readers I was really skeptical about them. I mean they aren't books that you can cuddle up with, nor do they smell or feel like a book. But then I got thinking. There is no way that I would say we should stop printing books but the e reader would be great for students to use. As a student myself, I know that I hate carrying six books with me at one time. It would be great if students were able to get their classroom textbooks on e readers so they no longer would have to carry such a heavy load. Also students who have extracurricular activities would be able to take the small e reader along with them on trips rather than lugging around large textbooks.


I think the coolest feature on the reader is the dictionary. I know that when I am reading a book I hate trying to find a dictionary when I do not know what a word means. I also tell myself that I'll look it up later but that usually doesn't happen. But with the e reader I can look up the word right then and there. I think it is great that you can change the size of the font as well. This feature will be great for times when people need to read a larger print.

Here's some e reader websites:
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Amazons-Original-Wireless-generation/dp/B000FI73MA

http://www.ereader.com/

Photo Credit:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home